Simple hands-on discovery activity to introduce students to the unique properties of metals. Includes option of Google Doc version of Student Pages!
1. Through this activity, students will learn about the properties of most metals:
- Solid at room temperature
- High melting point
2. Students will develop their own methods for testing the properties of malleable, shiny and solid and will use teacher-prepared methods for testing high melting point and conductivity.
- Medium sheet of aluminum foil for each student
- 3-5 Conductivity testers (students will share) – these are cheap and easy to make
- Hot plate or other heat source
- Colored pencils