PREVIEW of Communities in Canada: Meteghan Nova Scotia (Alberta Social Studies Curriculum) - Coming SOON!!
By Megan’s Creative Classroom
(Download this 6 page preview to see the quality of my work! This preview includes 6 pages that are perfect to use in your class - no watermarks just full page printables completely FREE!)
Do your students love:
* Art projects and crafts?
* Colouring, cutting and pasting?
* Mini booklets?
Well then this unit is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Make Social Studies fun again as you embrace the inquiry process and have fun doing it! Learn with hands on tasks and engaging activities. Read stories, make crafts and research life in Nova Scotia!
Full Unit Description:
This unit works by itself or as part of the Communities in Canada (Topic A) Unit Iqaluit Nunavut Unit.
Students study three communities in this Topic: an Inuit Community, an Acadian Community and a Prairie Community. So far in my store I have an Iqaluit Unit
and this Meteghan Unit. Saskatoon is coming soon!!
This Unit Includes 13 Lessons:
(1) Getting to Know Nova Scotia (with graphic organizer and Mini Book)
(2) Building a Lighthouse (with reading, craft and family tradition writing activity)
(3) Landforms in Nova Scotia (Nova Scotia ABC’s on Google Slides and Landforms Unit)
(4) Industry: Fishing (fun facts, Christmas in Nova Scotia, Building a Lobster Trap, All About My Lobster writing activity)
(5) My Pet Crayfish (reading: Taking Care of a Crayfish and mini journal)
(6) Acadian Lifestyle (website links, fact cards, QR codes, craft and colouring pages)
(7) Life in Nova Scotia (fact cards with pictures and QR codes, recipes and picture sort)
(8) Puzzles and Facts (8 picture puzzles, fact template, Balancing Rock Reading and Fill in the blank printable, The Acadians: Read and Draw)
(9) Art in Nova Scotia: Maud Lewis (Reading, art activity)
(10) Atlantic Animal Matching (10 animals (b&w and colour versions included) facts, QR codes, games!)
(11) Animal Adaptations (Camouflage activity for Snowshoe Hare in Summer and Winter)
*EVERY lesson includes an introduction, whole group, partner or individual activities, printables, extension activities and assessment recommendations.
PLUS This unit also includes:
Megan’s Creative Classroom Landforms Unit
Three pages of links to websites that correspond with lessons in this unit
3 Google Docs! ABC Slides, Landforms Search on Google Maps and Maud Lewis art Slides!
Animal Colouring Pages with Facts
Communities in Canada I Can Statements
Communities in Canada Word Wall Words
Check out some of my other files on Megan's Creative Classroom on TPT!
Landforms Clip It (a quick way to review or introduce land formations)
FREE Dr. Seuss Quote Collaborative Art Project
And keep checking back…I’m trying to add new items regularly!