Connect math and science with these activities that bring problems to life. This packet includes math word problems based on a real world meteor event! About a 30 minute activity that incorporates math word problems with a real meteor event. Activity can be completed as a class, in small groups, or individually. Additional background on asteroids is provided on the resources page.
Meteor Math Overview:
• Students answer introductory questions and learn relevant science terms.
• Students read news article on Russian meteor shower and complete discussion questions. Recommend showing a video of the Russian asteroid impact.
• Students complete math word problems (ratio reasoning and percentage) based on facts from the article.
*Common Core Math and Next Generation Science Aligned*
*Math problems in Customary and Metric Units*
Check Out Our Related Products!
SAVE with bundle that includes this activity: Space Math Activity Bundle
• Math and Sports STEM Activities/Project: Ratios and Proportions (FULL)
• Science and Engineering STEM Critical Thinking Challenges
• Math and Music Activity/Project: Ratios and Proportions
• Summer/End of School STEM Activity Calendar: Fun with Math and Science!
• Science Icebreaker Game: What Am I?
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.