This product is a bundle unit on meteorology and atmosphere. There are 62 printable pages and a 172 PowerPoint slide presentation (PDF). There are five lessons, two project activities, editable assessments with reflection activity (test and quiz), and a pre-assessment (can be used as warm-ups like I use them). This product includes all the following products! Buying the bundle saves you money!
Lesson- The Water Cycle
Lesson- Earth's Atmospheric Layers
Atmosphere Energy Transfer Lesson (electromagnetic spectrum)
Air Masses and Fronts Lesson
Assessments- Test and Quiz with answer keys
Meteorology and Atmosphere Unit Bundle
This lesson will engage your students in the following main ideas/vocabulary:
• Water Cycle: precipitation, condensation, evaporation, evapotranspiration, Water shed, Infiltration, Plant uptake, Groundwater, Surface runoff
• Atmosphere: troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere
• Atmosphere Energy Transfer: Electromagnetic waves, Visible Light, Infrared Radiation, Ultraviolet Radiation, and Climate
• Wind, Air Masses and Fronts: wind, local winds (sea breeze and land breeze), global winds (trade winds, easterlies, and westerlies), latitude, front, air mass, air pressure, and weather.
Want the entire year bundle?! Buy buy Earth Science entire year bundle!
-Teacher guide: strategies and tips to help grade, organize, and use the interactive notebook with fidelity and confidence.
-Student Notebook set-up: table of contents, score sheet, and notebook rubric. There is a filled-out table of contents and score sheet to help organize and pace teacher. Score sheet helps students keep track of their grades! Teachers will have stream-line grading too.
-Unit Cover: Provides standards and benchmarks, a word bank with all vocabulary words, and pictures related to unit.
-Anticipation Guide: Ten true and false statements to identify what students know, what they think they know, and what they will learn. A PowerPoint presentation follows along printable lesson. An answer key is provided. Each anticipation guide question follows their according Cornell and PowerPoint to review the answer and acts as a warm-up.
-Cornell notes: Five Cornell notes are provided. There are two versions: filled and fill-in-the-blank for students to complete. A power point presentation follows the Cornell notes and leads whole class, direct instruction. A summary section is included where students answer essential questions. A drawing section is made available for students to add their own drawings or pictures from the power point presentation. Each criteria is worth one point making each Cornell worth five points.
-Activities: Five activities follow each Cornell notes in order to support and reinforce students' understanding of the content and provide students an opportunity to think critically by creating something new with the input received from the notes. There are five criteria: written portion, art, color, reflection component, and an “excellent." Each criteria is worth one point making each activity worth five points.
-Power Point Presentations: Presentation guides direct instruction as students follow along and complete their Cornell notes. Presentation revisits anticipation guide statements at the beginning of the lesson and at the end (serves also as warm-up), has built-in mini quiz at the end of each lesson to check for understanding (5 multiple choice questions with answers), pictures to help learn the material, and starter sentences to support students complete the summary section of their Cornell notes.
-Special Assignments (labs, projects, etc.): All special assignments come with directions and rubrics. Templates for some special assignments are included.
-Test and quizzes: One test and quiz are included with answer keys. A reflection activity follows giving students an opportunity to reflect on their understanding and studying skills. Assessments are editable in a PowerPoint template for teachers to revise test for accommodations.
-Grading: For easy grading, simply circle missing components or stamp to designate full credit. It’s that easy--I don’t take any grading home and I’m out of the door when the bell rings after school!!
1. Make sure to extract file in order to open the zipped file.
2. If you purchase this product and the unit bundle, please note you will be purchasing duplicates so buy the bundle and save time and money!
4. To view the PowerPoint Presentation, which is a PDF, open the PDF, click on “View” and then on “Full Screen Mode.”
5. This product is not editable unless noted otherwise (templates and assessments).
Check out my science bundles, which include:
• Table of contents, score sheet and teacher notes
• Teacher resources/strategies for grading/tips
• Pre-Assessment (can be used as warm-up)
• 5 Lessons: Cornell notes corresponding with PowerPoint and an activity
• Projects with rubrics and templates
• Assessments with answer keys and reflection activity
Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle- Science Interactive Notebook
Rock and Mineral Unit Bundle: Earth Science Interactive notebook
Plate Tectonics Unit Bundle: Earth Science Interactive notebook
Earth's Waters Unit Bundle
Earth Science/Astronomy Unit Bundle: Earth, Sun, and Moon
Solar System Unit Bundle: Notes, PowerPoint, projects, assessments, & Activities
Astronomy Unit: Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe
Astronomy Mega Bundle
, which includes all three of my astronomy bundles.
Matter and Chemistry Unit Bundle- Physical Interactive Notebook
Force and Motion Unit Bundle
Energy Unit Bundle
Earth Science entire year bundle!
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under The Teacher Time Saver. Don't forget to leave a review too!
The Teacher Time Saver