This Measurement Conversions Bump Games Pack
contains 9 fun and differentiated games to help students practice converting units of length, mass, and capacity in the metric system from larger units to smaller units.
As students work through these games, each one ramps up in difficulty. This means that you can have all of your students working at their appropriate level when using this set!
• Level 1: Basic Length Conversions (km to m, m to cm, m to mm)
• Level 2: Basic Mass Conversions (kg to g, g to mg)
• Level 3: Basic Capacity Conversions (L to mL)
• Level 4: Basic Conversions Mixed (includes all types of conversions from Levels 1-3)
• Level 5: Intermediate Length Conversions (all Level 1 conversions plus km to cm, km to mm, cm to mm)
• Level 6: Intermediate Mass Conversions (all Level 2 conversions plus kg to mg)
• Level 7: Intermediate Conversions Mixed (includes all types of conversions from Levels 5-6)
• Level 8: Advanced Conversions Mixed (converting two different units of measurements to one, where the final unit is the same as the smallest initial unit)
• Level 9: Advanced Conversions Mixed (converting two different units of measurements to one, where the final unit is the same or smaller than the smallest initial unit)
In addition to being differentiated, these bump games are to prep and use. Simply print out the game sheet, get 2 dice and 40 counters, and you'll be ready to go!
To play, students will roll the dice and find the corresponding metric measurement conversion problem. Then, they have to find the answer on the game board and cover it with their counter. To win, students have to make a line of four counters on the game board without getting "bumped" off by the other player.
Included with this Metric Measurement Conversions Bump Games Pack:
• Instructions for play
• 9 different bump games of varying levels of difficulty
• Answer keys for each game
These games were developed to support Common Core standard 4.MD.1: Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
The metric measurement units covered are kilometers, meters, centimeters, millimeters, kilograms, grams, milligrams, liters, and milliliters. All measurements used are whole numbers.
Want to learn more?
Check out the preview file above.
You might also like these measurement games by Games 4 Gains:
4th Grade Measurement & Data Games Pack
Converting Customary Units of Capacity Bump Games Pack
Converting Customary Units of Length Bump Games Pack
Converting Units of Time Bump Games Pack
Angles 'Clip and Flip' Cards
Angles 'I Have…Who Has?'
Perimeter Board Game
Area Board Game
Click on the ★ above to follow our store.
to visit our website for more free resources and teaching ideas!
Leave feedback to earn credit points to save money on future products!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License