Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Metric System Task Cards: A set of 90 metric system reinforcement and review cards. This set of task cards covers metric prefixes, values, symbols, and conversions between units.
Suitable for science students in grades 6-10.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
Please Note: These task cards are sold in the following money-saving bundles. Click the links below to view these bundles.
Science Skills Mega-Bundle. This Science Skills Bundle contains 61 different files on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits, experimental design, comparing and contrasting and more.
This set of 90 task cards on metric measurement will cover the following:
1. Name and unit symbol for the 7 base units of the SI System: length, mass, time, temperature, amount of substance, electric current, and luminous intensity.
2. Name and symbol of metric prefixes: giga, mega, kilo, hecto, deca, deci, centi, milli, micro, and nano.
3. Equivalent units.
4. Comparing the “size” of one unit compared to a second unit.
5. Length, Mass, Volume
6. Converting from one metric unit to another metric unit.
7. Converting from English units to metric units. Conversion factors are given.
8. Solving word problems that involve converting between units in order to solve the problem.
9. Temperature: Kelvin, Celsius, and Fahrenheit. Students will convert between the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales. Equations are given.
10. Scientific Notation: Students will write answers in scientific notation. Students will perform basic operations using numbers written in scientific notation.
11. When presented with a particular item or object, the student will decide which metric unit is most appropriate to measure that item.
12. Students will calculate area, perimeter, volume, and surface area using metric units.
13. Some task cards will require lab equipment to complete: Rulers, meter sticks, balances, graduated cylinders, and thermometers.
14. Finding mass and volume to calculate density.
Included in this product:
1. A set of 90 task cards.
2. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
3. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
4. A complete teacher answer key.
5. Teacher Guide
Download my free preview to see the many ways you can use these in your science class.
Related products include:
I hope that you will follow me at:
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)