Also included in
- Science Skills Mega Bundle: Graphing, Concept Mapping, Scientific Method, Metric System, Scientific Measurement, Lab Safety, Significant Digits, Analyzing Data, Graphic Organizers, Scientific Notation, Scientific Writing, and More!After many years of teaching, I have come to realize that what my stPrice $87.50Original Price $132.66Save $45.16
- This bundle has everything that a teacher needs to teach a unit on metric measurement to science students (life or physical sciences) in grades 8-12. This bundle includes a teaching PowerPoint, lecture notes for teacher, outline of notes for students, labs, task cards, homework assignments, practicePrice $31.00Original Price $40.23Save $9.23
This set of 90 metric measurement task cards will ensure that your students get the review and reinforcement they need to master all aspects of the metric system. Printable and digital versions are included. Students will answer questions about the base units, prefixes, their value, and their symbols. Students will work problems converting from one unit to another, record answers in scientific notation, complete density calculations, and calculate the area, perimeter, volume, and surface area using metric units.
Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. This resource is perfect for distance learning and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
Suitable for all science students in grades 7 -12.
What is included in this resource?
- A set of 90 printable and editable task cards.
- Paperless Digital Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- Teacher Guide containing tips, tricks, and suggestions for use.
- Review PowerPoint of 91 slides that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 90 task cards on metric measurement will cover the following:
- Unit symbols for the 7 base units of the SI System: length, mass, time, temperature, amount of substance, electric current, and luminous intensity.
- Name and symbol of metric prefixes: giga, mega, kilo, hecto, deca, deci, centi, milli, micro, and nano.
- Equivalent units.
- Comparing the “size” of one unit to a second unit.
- Length, Mass, Volume
- Converting from one metric unit to another metric unit.
- Converting from English units to metric units. Conversion factors are given.
- Solving word problems that involve converting between units in order to solve the problem.
- Temperature: Kelvin, Celsius, and Fahrenheit. Students will convert between the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales. Equations are given.
- Scientific Notation: Students will write answers in scientific notation. Students will perform basic operations using numbers written in scientific notation.
- When presented with a particular item or object, the student will decide which metric unit is most appropriate to measure that item.
- Students will calculate area, perimeter, volume, and surface area using metric units.
- Some task cards will require lab equipment to complete: Rulers, meter sticks, balances, graduated cylinders, and thermometers.
- Finding mass and volume to calculate density.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
Look for me here, too!