Dive deep into the causes and effects of the Mexican American War with this comprehensive lesson. Everything you need is included! Students will read and analyze informational text, complete a map lesson, and demonstrate mastery with an assessment.
This resource can be completed on paper or online with laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, or any device that supports Google Slides. The included Teacher's Guide includes access to the link that will allow you to make your own copy of the resources for use in Google Classroom/Google Drive.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
- Informational Text: The informational text identifies the causes and effects of the Mexican-American War. In order to ensure all students comprehend the text and stay on task, it might be helpful to read the text together as a class and utilize the guided reading prompts included in the Teacher's Guide.
- Text Analysis- Vocabulary, Comprehension, & Extension: After reading the informational text, students are prepared to move on to the analysis portion of the lesson. There is space for students to work with the new vocabulary, answer text-based questions, and complete an extension activity.
- Map Lesson: The map lesson was designed to reinforce and differentiate learning. It requires students to label and color code the following: United States, Mexico, Disputed Area, Rio Grande River, Nueces River, Pacific Ocean, and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Reference Map: Projecting the reference map for all students to view while completing their map works well. If projection is not possible, copying maps for students to reference is also an option.
- Lesson Quiz: The quiz assesses student understanding of the Mexican-American War. It includes three parts: vocabulary, comprehension, and map analysis.
- Answer Keys: An answer key for the text analysis questions and the quiz is provided for easy grading or use with a substitute.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus