Mexican American War or US Mexican War with Google Slides™
Also included in
- In this bundle, you will receive all of my Republic of Texas lessons including lessons on government. This includes the Presidents of the Republic of Texas (Houston and Lamar), The Texas Rangers, key events of the Republic of Texas, the controversy behind the Annexation of Texas, the Mexican AmericaPrice $39.99Original Price $69.42Save $29.43
- My Texas History bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources include Google Slides!!! ✨Save money when you purchase the bundle now!*Once you make this purchase, make sure to send me an email at SocialStudiesSuccesPrice $550.00Original Price $680.44Save $130.44
- My US History resource bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Exploration and Colonization to activities for the Civil War and Reconstruction. These resources are provided in a Google Slides format for 1:1 student learning. ✨Save money when you purchase the bundle now!✨Price $550.00Original Price $857.88Save $307.88
- Save yourself months of lesson planning and work in your 7th grade Texas History class. In this bundle, you will receive all of my Texas History lessons – from the beginning of school through the Republic of Texas. Each of these lessons include previews, graphic organized notes and processing assiPrice $399.00Original Price $419.59Save $20.59
- Engage your students with everything you need for your Westward Expansion Unit. This bundle includes resources that will excite your students with primary sources, puppet shows, lap books and more! This bundle includes a bonus of an ELL version of the Lap Book for your students who require modificatPrice $29.00Original Price $50.97Save $21.97
This educational resource is a comprehensive and interactive way to teach your students about the Mexican-American War. Featuring a Word Wall, presentation with images, reading about the causes, invasion, and treaty of the war, and a set of writing prompts, this product will engage and educate your students as they explore the . The Google Slides™ feature allows for even more flexibility in the classroom. The 3-point review game provides a fun way for students to review and retain what they have learned. This resource is suitable for middle and high school students studying U.S. history.
You will receive:
-Word Wall terms for vocabulary instruction
-a 12 page presentation with images of the Mexican-American War to analyze and guide you through the activity
-a 5 page reading on the following topics: Causes of the War, Invasion into Mexico and The Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo
-a script for the presentation
-Writing prompts, and
-a 3-Point Review Game.
(4) History. The student understands how individuals, events, and issues shaped the history of the Republic of Texas and early Texas statehood. The student is expected to:
(C) identify individuals, events, and issues during early Texas statehood, including the U.S.-Mexican War, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, slavery, and the Compromise of 1850.
(6) History. The student understands westward expansion and its effects on the political, economic, and social development of the nation. The student is expected to:
(B) analyze the westward growth of the nation, including the Louisiana Purchase and Manifest Destiny; and
(C) explain the causes and effects of the U.S.-Mexican War and their impact on the United States.
(29) Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including technology. The student is expected to:
(A) differentiate between, locate, and use valid primary and secondary sources such as media and news services, biographies, interviews, and artifacts to acquire information about the United States;
(B) analyze information by applying absolute and relative chronology through sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire. Custom mosaic courtesy of Alexandra Napia.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.