In this unit, students will learn about the unique and fascinating culture and history of Mexico City, while learning related Spanish vocabulary.
This packet may be used with the Globe Trekker Ultimate Mexico video. However, only the video viewing notes require the video, and the other materials in the packet could easily be used without the video for teaching a unit on Mexico City. The unit can be used in a Spanish language classroom, but could also be used in for social studies or history. The difficulty of the Spanish-language activities is appropriate for students as early as Spanish 1, although it could easily be used in higher levels of Spanish, as well.
The packet includes suggestions as to which materials may best be used for pre-viewing, during viewing, and post-viewing. Additionally, each activity includes a convenient teacher's edition with answers included in bold, red text. These activities are "tried and true," as I have done each of them with my own Spanish 1 students with great success.
1. Spanish Vocab List
2. Spanish Vocab List – Answer Key
3. Video Viewing Notes (fill-in-the-blank)
4. Video Viewing Notes – Answer Key
5. Spanish Conversation Card Instructions
6. Spanish Conversation Cards (with English and Spanish prompts)
7. Spanish-Only Conversation Cards
8. Búsqueda de Palabras – Word Search
9. Búsqueda de Palabras – Word Search – Answer Key
10. Cierto o Falso – True or False Worksheet
11. Cierto o Falso – True or False Worksheet – Answer Key
12. Virgin of Guadalupe Reading (in English)
13. Virgin of Guadalupe Reading – Answer Key
14. "Quiero visitar México D.F." Writing Prompt
15. "Quiero visitar México D.F." Grading Rubric
16. Multiple Choice Comprehension Assessment
17. Multiple Choice Comprehension Assessment – Answer Key
18. Suggested Interdisciplinary Writing Prompt Topics