Use this Mexico PowerPoint presentation to teach your Spanish students what Mexico is really like? Throw out your textbooks and show your students the real thing!
Show your students what Mexico is like today with authentic Mexican pictures:
* Oaxaca's dance festival, Guelaguetza
* Xochimilco boats from Mexico City
* Marimba players
* Generations of women weavers
* And much more: over 60 authentic pictures of people, places, and foods from my Mexico trip as a Fulbright Hayes Scholar
* 5 page teacher guide with picture explanations
* Page of ideas for games, writing assignments, and speaking activities
Ways to use these photos:
* Print the pictures, laminate them, and use them as.
* Students discuss their stereotypes about Mexico and Mexicans. Then show the pictures and see if their stereotypes match what they saw.
* Students pick a picture of a person, animal or place and write a story about it for homework or an in-class writing.
* Students pick an item from each category: a mode of transportation, a product, an animal, a place, and some people and then create a story to go with the pictures.
* Teach the students the vocabulary words for each picture.
Advanced: After showing the pictures, divide the class into teams. One person from the team looks at a picture and must describe it to the class without using the actual word. The classmates try to guess which picture it is, using the correct vocabulary word.
* Have the students write or say a question about each slide.
Ex. Is it a boy or a girl? What color is the dog?
Advanced: Describe the girl. Why is the policeman happy?
These activities are for beginners as well as advanced students. These pictures also make great classroom decorations
. Laminate them and add them to your classroom for a more festive atmosphere.
Spanish Speaking Countries Bundle
Famous Hispanics Game and Research Project
Want Spanish lessons for the whole year?
Buy My Spanish Store, Vol. 1