This comprehensive Mexico unit in English is the single best resource for teaching about Mexico in your classroom! Combining activities and resources about Mexican history and geography, Hispanic culture, math, literacy, and art, this unit offers engaging lessons that present an authentic and well-rounded perspective of Mexico. It's a great way to bring several Holidays Around the World into your classroom, and to offer students a more expansive view of Mexico that moves way beyond common stereotypes. It's a perfect bundle of resources for any teacher who wants to incorporate global education into their already planned curriculum, and also for use in social studies, world history, Latin American history, Hispanic culture, English language arts, ESL, math and art classes. It's also perfect for Hispanic Heritage Month!
Please note that this is the English language version of this product, with a few of the resources bilingual English-Spanish. The Spanish language version will be coming very soon!
This MEGA Mexico Unit includes:
1. A full page of Mexico Stamps that can be printed and cut out, or put on labels and used as stickers
2. The English version of our acclaimed Mexico Minibook
3. A landform powerpoint slideshow and matching / mapping activities about Mexico Geography for Kids, teaching landforms using real world examples. Answer keys included
4. The Story of the Mexican Flag in English, with an informational text, comprehension questions, and a flag to color in
5. An activity focused on Writing Postcards that asks students to draw a scene on the front of a postcard, and write a message on the back. Rubric included
6. The Story of Frida Kahlo, with a book list, informational text, comprehension questions, coloring sheet, poster, and an engaging self-portrait activity
7. Our full 60-page Day of the Dead Packet, complete with a powerpoint presentation, bilingual minibook, skeleton activity, several math activities (with answer keys), informational text and comprehension questions, handwriting practice sheets, a coloring sheet, craft instructions, and LOADS of incredible decorations!
8. The complete Las Posadas Activity Pack, which includes word wall words, a book list, four games / activities, and a bilingual minibook
9. A hispanic culture lesson about Lucha Libre with a reading, logic game, make your own hero activity, mask activity, and mask coloring sheets
10. The Story of Chocolate, including a minibook, a powerpoint slideshow and script explaining the history of chocolate (including its role among Mayan and Aztec peoples) and the way that chocolate is made, informational text and comprehension questions (3 levels!), mapping chocolate activity, reading chocolate charts, chocolate book list, related video list, and chocolate tasting activities and recipes
A growing bundle, this unit currently has 10 resources with many more planned in the future: get it now and receive future updates for free! While the resources purchased separately add up to $30, this bundle is a STEAL at $20. Get it now and lock yourself in to future products!