This comprehensive Mexico unit in Spanish is the single best resource for teaching about Mexico in your classroom! Combining activities and resources about Mexican history and geography, Hispanic culture, math, literacy, and art, this unit offers engaging lessons that present an authentic and well-rounded perspective of Mexico. It's a great way to bring several Holidays Around the World into your classroom, and to offer students a more expansive view of Mexico that moves way beyond common stereotypes. It's a perfect bundle of resources for any teacher who wants to incorporate global education into their already planned curriculum, and also for use in social studies, world history, Latin American history, Hispanic culture, Spanish language, math and art classes. It's also perfect for Hispanic Heritage Month!
Please note that this is the Spanish language version of this product, with a few of the resources bilingual English-Spanish. The English language version can be found here
This MEGA Mexico Unit in Spanish includes:
1. A full page of Mexico Stamps that can be printed and cut out, or put on labels and used as stickers
2. The Spanish version of our acclaimed Mexico Minibook
3. The Story of the Mexican Flag in Spanish, with an informational text, comprehension questions, and a flag to color in
4. An activity focused on Writing Postcards that asks students to draw a scene on the front of a postcard, and write a message on the back. Rubric included
5. The Story of Frida Kahlo in Spanish, with a book list, informational text, comprehension questions, coloring sheet, poster, and an engaging self-portrait activity
6-7. Two levels of activity packs about Las Posadas, including word wall words, a book list, games / activities, a bilingual minibook, a Spanish language minibook, an informational text and questions
8. The Story of Chocolate in Spanish, including a minibook, an image slideshow / powerpoint with a teacher script that explains the history of chocolate (including its role among Mayan and Aztec peoples) and the way that chocolate is made, informational text and comprehension questions (3 levels!), mapping chocolate activity, reading chocolate charts, chocolate book list, related video list, and chocolate tasting activities and recipes
9. Our Mexico City Info Gap, an activity through which students practice communication (in Spanish!) by asking and answering each other questions.
10. A hispanic culture lesson about Lucha Libre with a reading, logic game, make your own hero activity, mask activity, and mask coloring sheets
A growing bundle, new resources will be added to in the future: get it now and receive future updates for free! Get it now and lock yourself into future products!
Some of the products that will be coming soon are:
~ A landform image slideshow / powerpoint with a teacher script and matching / mapping activities about Mexico Geography for Kids that teach landforms using real world examples
~ Our full 60-page Day of the Dead Packet, complete with cultural information for the teacher, bilingual and Spanish-languages minibooks, skeleton activity, several math activities (with answer keys), an image slideshow / powerpoint of a Day of the Dead celebration in Texas, informational text and comprehension questions, handwriting practice sheets, a coloring sheet, craft instructions, and LOADS of incredible decorations!