Imagine you are a multimillionaire architect looking to build your dream house. Money is not an object. In this project you will design a house, label it, furnish it, and then describe your house in Spanish. The main purpose of this project is to enhance your Spanish vocabulary and to improve Spanish speaking and writing skills. First brainstorm a list of house-related words you will use to label your house:
· Outer parts of the house like a roof, chimney, veranda, patio or balcony
· Inner parts of the house like rooms, stairway, doors, entrances, windows, ceilings, fireplaces, flooring, tiling, curtains
· Specific rooms in the house like kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, pantry, library, study, dining room, living room, attic, etc.
· Number of rooms
· Location of rooms in relation to each other
· Furniture like bed, sofas table, chairs, stools, counters, shelves, cabinets, cupboards
· Shape and size of furniture
· Material of furniture like wood, iron steel, plastic, etc.
· Design related words
· Colors and textures
· Electricity and lighting accessories like lamps, bulbs, tubes, etc.
· Plumbing and bathroom accessories like baths, toilets, showers, etc.
· Household equipment like telephone, washing machine, dish washer, microwave oven, etc.
· Household utensils like plates, cups, dishes, spoons and forks, etc.
· Garden and plants
· The front yard and the back yard
Use a poster to draw a floor plan. Label the rooms with the correct Spanish names. Make it as elaborate as you want. Don’t leave anything out that you have always thought you would like to have in a house. Your house MUST have more than one story. Draw a diagram for each floor, furnish and decorate and label each room using pictures from magazines, newspaper ads, computer clip art or drawings. Quality is a must. Each room must be fully furnished and decorated. Be creative! Using technology is suggested and encouraged.
Title your poster La Casa Ideal de ( your name). Write twenty sentences about your ideal house to include at least the following 1) location of your house, 2) how many rooms and stories it has, 3) a general description of your house with at least three adjectives, 4) your favorite room and why, 5) who lives in your ideal house (vivir), 6) a description of each room and the activities (not chores) you do in each room.