This is a booklet I made to assist my Year 9 Spanish students in learning school - related vocabulary. It contains:
- a vocabulary list for common stationery items
- a word search and a crossword related to that vocabulary
- a vocabulary list for classroom objects
- a word search and a labelling activity related to that vocabulary
- school subjects in Spanish
- practice for masculine/feminine/singular/plural articles related to school subjects
- a crossword related to school subjects
- sentence practice using "estudiar" + a conjugation guide. (The sentence practice includes both English to Spanish and Spanish to English translations.)
- "The Simpsons" based translation practice from Spanish to English.
- A school subjects unscrambling/code breaker puzzle
- A guide to subject pronouns and possessive adjectives
- Verb conjugation tables and practice charts. Verbs include "ser" and "estar" plus acronyms to help students remember when to use each one, "tener" and common, regular AR, ER and IR verbs to get students used to conjugating verbs in the present tense. (E.g. "estudiar", "leer", "escribir".
- An introduction to "gustar" and explanation/example of how to describe subjects they like and dislike
- Sentence translations using gustar from Spanish to English
- Grammar explaining how to describe "What's in your backpack?" plus practice questions.
- Grammar explanation for describing "What's in the classroom?"
- Grammar explanation for asking someone "What do you study?" / "Do you study (subject)?"
I hope you find these resources useful!