This activity is a fun and engaging way to get your students writing and creating!
This product, designed for Spanish 1 & 2 students (or novice & intermediate students), focuses on reviewing body parts, describing others (physical and personality characteristics, family, profession, etc.) in full sentences, and adding detail and elaboration to writing in Spanish.
Included in this product are the following:
- An expectations page: detailed requirements (create a monster, label body parts, and write about your monster) are given for both the drawing and the writing portion of the activity.
- A writing rubric: A rubric that can evaluate a students' writing as well as met requirements.
- A drawing rubric: A rubric that evaluates the effort and creativity of the monster, as well as labeling body parts.
- Pre-writing for Novice Low-Mid: Students can think through how they can best draw and write about their monster before their final draft.
- Pre-writing for Novice High to Intermediate Levels: Students can think through how they can best draw and write about their monster before their final draft.
- Final Draft Page: Students have space to draw their monster as well as write about it. There is also an extra page given for students who would like to write more.