The worksheets for Episode 5 come alive as students listen carefully to ID the speaker, practice using 'de', and invent 'Yo' sentences.
Specifically, the four sections in the Study Guide to ‘Tapas’, Mi Vida Loca, Episode 5 are:
- ‘DID YOU CATCH THAT?’ - Listen carefully to identify the speaker
- ‘TEST YOUR VOCAB!’ - review things said in a restaurant
- ‘A LITTLE GRAMMAR’ - practice using ‘de’’
- ‘BE CREATIVE!’ - Make up some crazy ‘Yo’ sentences
“Mi Vida Loca” is a wonderful interactive BBC drama series for Beginning Spanish learners! As your students follow Merche, an investigative reporter, through a series of adventures in Spain, they are encouraged to use the Spanish they know to say what they need to say - and gradually build a practical vocabulary and grammar base. Each of the 22 episodes contains a 10 - 15 minute cliffhanger drama, followed by a little vocabulary and grammar practice.
I use ‘Mi Vida Loca’ with these study guides as the basis for my Beginning Spanish class, so I created the guides with two HELPFUL FEATURES:
1. Apart from the color words, each guide assumes no knowledge other than the vocabulary/grammar so far introduced,
2. Pictures add variety and fun to each guide!
The drama and guides can be used:
- to teach Spanish 1,
- as Extra Credit or Review for 1st or 2nd year students (use all 4 sections, or pick 2)
- for individual or enrichment courses.
Great for homeschool! Great for Spanish 1A! If you use them as your main Spanish 1 curriculum, you will need to add in more grammar as the year progresses. I hope to upload an outline and Lesson Plans on how to do this very soon.
So if you haven’t already, check out Mi Vida Loca at www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/. Then choose among the various great MVL guides available on TPT and have fun!
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) related to the interactive drama Mi Vida Loca belong to the BBC and/or third parties. All questions about the drama, and all exercises within this study guide are the original creations of the document’s author, Hillary Tejada.