Microplastics and Synthetic Fibers - Science Project (PDF, Google, Print)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Has plastic created a plastic paradise? Or is our love of single-use plastic damaging our world beyond repair? This is an environmental lesson plan bundle of resources and activities that examine single-use plastic, ocean pollution, the great Pacific garbage patch, and clean up.These ocean conservatPrice $60.00Original Price $75.00Save $15.00
- Earth Day Activities! If you need earth day worksheets that cover a variety of environmental topics and different activities, this bundle is it! ❤️Follow My StoreClick on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.Format:Ready for in-person or online teaching! All worksheetPrice $65.00Original Price $83.50Save $18.50
- Teaching a unit on pollution? Start here with this bundle of pollution and conservation topics for earth science. These pollution and conservation science worksheets cover many different topics of pollution and include a variety of lesson ideas. Use them as stations for students to rotate through, hPrice $85.00Original Price $98.00Save $13.00
- Differentiate your Microfibers Unit with this bundle of two project types!1. Google Presentation2. FlipgridEach Project has the same research component but has a different Rubric.Easily introduce students to Microfibers or Synthetic Fibers. Students don't even know that their own clothes or other prPrice $6.99Original Price $9.98Save $2.99
- Bundle of teaching resources for air pollution, plastic pollution and ocean pollution. Format:- Easy print PDFs, also digitally fillable- Needed hyperlinks are embedded for easy student access- Answer keys when they apply❤️Follow My StoreClick on the green star next to the store logo to receive new pPrice $29.59Original Price $36.99Save $7.40
- Bundle of teaching resources for air pollution, plastic pollution and ocean pollution. The bundle includes files in two formats to ensure all students can complete the lesson no matter what type of device they are working on.- Digitally fillable PDF- Printable PDF- Google Slides Hyperdoc with fillabPrice $40.50Original Price $45.00Save $4.50
Science project to introduce students to Microfibers or Synthetic Fibers. Students don't even know that their own clothes or other products they use daily have dire environmental consequences!
Microfiber is a tiny fragment of the type of plastic used to make synthetic fabrics. These fibers are shed from synthetic clothing during a washing machine cycle. These microplastic fibers are the largest contributor to watershed plastic pollution in some countries. These synthetic fibers are yet another microplastic that is reaching our oceans.
This engaging project has students learn about:
1. What Microfibers are
2. The Story of Microfibers and how they came to be
3. Current research
4. How Do You Solve a Problem like Microfiber Pollution?
How the project works:
1. Have students work alone or with a partner
2. Students visit several web links either with their partner or as an entire class. These links take them to a video, facts sheet, and reading material.
3. Students make a Flipgrid (You need a free Teacher account) presentation that reports their findings and Opinions about Microfibers.
4. The students present for the class, their parents, or in small groups.
5. The teacher grades the students using the included rubric.
- Digital-PDF for easy sharing or printing
- Rubric for a teacher for digital completion or printing
- Hyperlinks to research embedded in the document for quick access
Two 70 minute periods or three 50 minute periods
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)