Microscope Bundle: Powerpoint, homework, labs, task cards, review games, and more. This bundle includes everything you need to teach a unit on "The Microscope" to your students. It was written for my standard Biology class, and is very appropriate for your students in grades 6 - 10.
The products that are included in this bundle are all sold in my TpT store as separate items, but buying the bundle saves you money. If you purchased each product individually, the cost would be $26.25. This bundle sells for $19.50, a discount of 25%.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in my "Full Year Biology Curriculum Bundle." Click the link below to view this bundle.
Biology Full Year Curriculum
You will receive the following items all in one digital download. By clicking on each item below, you can view a detailed description and preview of each product.
Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Lab: The Compound Microscope
Microscope Quiz / Test
Biology Lab: Diversity of Cell Structure
Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Microscope Homework / Study Guide
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Microscope Task Cards
I have also included a Teacher Guide that contains tips and suggestions for implementing this unit, scope and sequencing of the resources in this bundle, and alignment to NGSS.
The topics covered by these materials include:
1. The Microscope Introduction: light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
2. The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek
3. Modern Compound Microscope: Students will label the parts of the microscope and learn the function of each part.
4. Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification
5. Rules for Using the Microscope
6. Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide
7. How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective
8. The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each
All materials are ready to be copied and passed out to your students. I have included two versions of each product (Word doc and pdf) when applicable.
Each product comes with an answer key.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page