Whodunnit? This immersive mascot mystery requires a few microscopes and a scientific eye as students view various residues while they act like detectives and try to determine who the culprit is! This lab is easy to implement using household items such as garlic powder, salt, baby powder, sugar, sand and flour.
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 1-2 DAY LESSON:
• 14 NON-EDITABLE PDF handouts with student and teacher directions
• Accompanying PowerPoint
• Answer key
• Examine various residues under the microscope
• Read the provided alibis and analyze data to solve the mystery
• Answer extension questions
- slides and coverslips
- various residues including: sand, garlic powder, salt, flour, sugar, baby powder
- a stuffed animal that may represent your school mascot.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER SCIENTIFIC METHOD PRODUCTS:
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Microscope CSI Forensics Lab © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved