This microscope jeopardy game will ensure that your students are ready for the unit test. Students love to review in a game format. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category. Concepts/terms covered are:
• The Microscope - An Introduction: light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
• The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek.
• Modern Compound Microscope: Students will answer questions about the parts of the microscope and the function of each part.
• Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification.
• Rules for Using the Microscope.
• Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide.
• How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective.
• The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind, but is also very appropriate for a middle school science class. It can easily be edited to better meet your needs.
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
Related Products Include:
Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Lab: The Compound Microscope
Microscope Quiz / Test
Boom Cards (Digital Task Cards) on the Microscope
Biology Unit on CD: Introduction to Biology (Scientific Method, Lab Safety, Graphing, Characteristics of Life, Microscope, Labs, Tests)
Biology Buzz Words: Introduction to Biology
Lab: Use of Lab Equipment and Data Analysis Skills
Introduction to Biology: Scientific Method, Graphing, Themes of Biology, Microscope
Microscope, Scientific Method, Intro to Biology Crossword Puzzle
Intro to Biology (Themes, Scientific Method, Characteristics of Life, Microscope) Set of 4 quizzes
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Microscope Homework / Study Guide
Microscope Task Cards
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page