Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student. 27 Slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (5 pages) and an outline of the notes for the student (6 pages).
Topics covered are:
• The Microscope: Introduction, light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
• The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek
• Modern Compound Microscope: Students will label the parts of the microscope and learn the function of each part.
• Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification
• Rules for Proper Use of the Microscope
• Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide
• How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective
• The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each
This powerpoint was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It is appropriate for grades 7-12. This material is very appropriate for middle school students.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this powerpoint. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher, and an outline of the notes for the students. Students will use the outline as the powerpoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught. The notes will be in two forms: A word document and a pdf format.
Related Products Include:
Lab: The Compound Microscope
Boom Cards (Digital Task Cards) on the Microscope
Microscope Quiz / Test
Biology Unit on CD: Introduction to Biology (Scientific Method, Lab Safety, Graphing, Characteristics of Life, Microscope, Labs, Tests)
Biology Buzz Words: Introduction to Biology
Cells (Plant and Animal) Quiz / Homework / Review
Lab: Use of Lab Equipment and Data Analysis Skills
Introduction to Biology: Scientific Method, Graphing, Themes of Biology, Microscope
Microscope, Scientific Method, Intro to Biology Crossword Puzzle
Intro to Biology (Themes, Scientific Method, Characteristics of Life, Microscope) Set of 4 quizzes
Biology Lab: Diversity of Cell Structure
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Microscope Homework / Study Guide
Microscope Task Cards
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page