The Compound Microscope Quiz or Study guide.
This handout covers all the basics about the microscope. There are 40 fill in the blank questions and 6 short answer questions.
Please Note: This product is included in two different bundles. The bundles can be viewed by clicking the links below:
The Ultimate Microscope Teaching Bundle
Introduction to Biology Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Students begin by labeling the parts of the microscope. Other questions cover:
1. The Microscope Introduction: light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
2. The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek
3. Modern Compound Microscope: Students will label the parts of the microscope and learn the function of each part.
4. Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification
5. Rules for Using the Microscope
6. Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide
7. How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective
8. The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each
The document can be used as a quiz on the microscope, or it would make a great homework or classwork assignment. This is in Word format and you will also receive a pdf version. Feel free to add or delete questions to better meet your needs. All answers are included.
Related Products Include:
Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Intro to Biology: A complete unit plan of 20 products
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Boom Cards (Digital Task Cards) on the Microscope
Biology Buzz Words: Introduction to Biology
Microscope Homework / Study Guide
Microscope Task Cards
For product updates and news please follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)