In these Microscope Task Cards students will review the parts of the microscope and their functions, and the rules of proper microscope use.
This product contains a set of 41 task cards on the microscope for science students in grades 6-10.
Please Note: This set of task cards is included in my "Ultimate Microscope Teaching Bundle" which can be viewed by clicking this link.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 41 task cards on the scientific method will cover the following:
1. Students will label the parts of the microscope and describe the function of each part.
2. Students will distinguish between magnification and resolution.
3. Students will distinguish between simple and compound microscopes.
4. Students will describe the differences between light microscopes and electron microscopes.
5. Students will determine the total magnification when using various objective lenses.
6. Students will explain the limitations of the light microscope.
7. Students will name and describe the two types of electron microscopes.
8. Students will review the important contributions of Robert Hook and Anton van Leeuwenhoek.
9. Students will provide the unit of measurement used to measure a specimen under the microscope.
10. Students will answer questions concerning the proper handling and care of he microscope.
11. Students will write how to make a wet mount slide.
12. Students will describe the diameter of the field of view when using the 10x and 40x objectives.
13. Students will estimate the sizes of cells from drawings.
Also included in this product:
1. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
2. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
3. A complete teacher answer key.
Related products include:
Scientific Method Task Cards
Common Core Science: Informational Reading Task Cards for ANY Science Reading Passage
Boom Cards (Digital Task Cards) on the Microscope
The Ultimate Microscope Teaching Bundle of 8 products
Introduction to Science: 34 Warm ups, bell ringers, or inserts for science interactive notebooks
Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Lab: The Compound Microscope
Microscope Quiz / Test
Biology Lab: Diversity of Cell Structure
Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Microscope Homework / Study Guide
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Biology Buzz Words: Introduction to Biology
For product updates and news please follow me at:
My TpT Store
My Facebook Page