Also included in
- This complete teaching bundle includes everything you need to teach a unit on "The Microscope" to your biology or life science students. Both printable and digital versions are included. Resources include a teaching PowerPoint, notes for teacher, guided notes outline for students, 2 lab activities$21.99$28.48Save $6.49
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$535.00$961.40Save $426.40
This is a set of 41 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on the microscope. Printable and digital versions are included. Students will label the parts of the microscope, calculate total magnification, determine measurements, answer questions about the proper use of the microscope, and much more.
Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. This resource is perfect for traditional classrooms, distance learning, and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
Suitable for life science and biology students in grades 7 -12.
What is included in this resource?
- A set of 41 printable and editable task cards.
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- Teacher Guide containing tips, tricks, and suggestions for use.
- Review PowerPoint of 41 slides that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 41 task cards on the scientific method will cover the following:
- Students will label the parts of the microscope and describe the function of each part.
- Students will distinguish between magnification and resolution.
- Students will distinguish between simple and compound microscopes.
- Students will describe the differences between light microscopes and electron microscopes.
- Students will determine the total magnification when using various objective lenses.
- Students will explain the limitations of the light microscope.
- Students will name and describe the two types of electron microscopes.
- Students will review the important contributions of Robert Hook and Anton van Leeuwenhoek.
- Students will provide the unit of measurement used to measure a specimen under the microscope.
- Students will answer questions concerning the proper handling and care of he microscope.
- Students will write how to make a wet mount slide.
- Students will describe the diameter of the field of view when using the 10x and 40x objectives.
- Students will estimate the sizes of cells from drawings.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: