The Compound Microscope: An In-Depth Homework and Study Guide Assignment
This is a 7 page document (4 pages for student and 3 pages for teacher) consisting of 46 questions of varying formats. These questions cover the following topics concerning the microscope:
1. The Microscope Introduction: light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
2. The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek
3. Modern Compound Microscope: Students will label the parts of the microscope and learn the function of each part.
4. Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification
5. Rules for Using the Microscope
6. Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide
7. How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective
8. The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each.
I use this initially as homework assignments. As I cover the material on microscopes, I assign some of the questions as homework. After a few nights of homework, the student has a completed study guide on the microscope. The questions include fill in the blank, short answer, define, compare and contrast, labeling, and estimating.
You will receive a document that is in two formats: a Word document and a pdf version. All answers are included.
Related Products Include:
Microscope PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Lab: The Compound Microscope
Boom Cards (Digital Task Cards) on the Microscope
Microscope Quiz / Test
Intro to Biology: A complete unit plan of 20 products
Lab: Use of Lab Equipment and Data Analysis Skills
Introduction to Biology: Scientific Method, Graphing, Themes of Biology, Microscope
Microscope, Scientific Method, Intro to Biology Crossword Puzzle
Intro to Biology (Themes, Scientific Method, Characteristics of Life, Microscope) Set of 4 quizzes
Biology Lab: Diversity of Cell Structure
Microscope Crossword Puzzle
Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Microscope Task Cards
Biology Buzz Words: Introduction to Biology
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page