Students will learn about the parts of a microscope and how to use it to view specimens.
- identify working parts of a microscope
- view prepared slides of specimens under the microscope
- record observations of prepared slides using written descriptions and diagrams
- prepare and view a slide of plant cell specimen and an animal cell specimen
- record observations of plant and animal cells using written descriptions and diagrams
- identify the important components of a plant cell and of an animal cell
- choose two components of each cell type to research their purposes to cell viability
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.