Microsoft Word 2010 Activity- Formatting in Microsoft Word- Birthstones
Note: Thumbnail images a little messed up. Pictures not over text/cut off, evaluation sheet not starting on last page. Will be perfect when download.
This is an engaging activity in which students will learn/experiment with some of the different formatting features in Word 2010. Students will start off by typing a list of months with the
birthstone(s) for each month. They will then apply various formatting features to each line. The objectives are as follows:
• Utilize the Font and Font Size buttons
• Utilize the Bold button
• Utilize the Italic button
• Utilize the Grow Font and Shrink Font buttons
• Utilize the Underline button
• Utilize the Strikethrough button
• Utilize the Change Case button
• Utilize the Text Highlight Color button
• Utilize the Text Effects button
• Utilize the Font Color button
• Utilize the Font dialog box
• Utilize the Shading button
• Utilize the Sort button
• Utilize the Format Painter button
• Utilize the Clear Formatting button
• Utilize the Alignment buttons
• Utilize the Drop Cap button
• Utilize the Watermark button
• Utilize the Page Color (Background) button
• Utilize Orientation button
• Utilize Show/Hide button
• Utilize Margins button
Attached is a sample preview of what a finished document can look like. Each student's document will be different depending on their choices. This activity can be done individually or as a class. Step-by step directions are provided. Depending on the students' ability level the activity will take between 30-40 minutes. Students will have fun experimenting with the different buttons and being creative. An evaluation sheet is included to use to grade the students.
Please see our store for great holiday word searches/scrambles/trivia, keyboarding materials, Microsoft Office materials, business-related materials, and icebreaker activities.
Thanks for looking! Please leave feedback and follow us!