These activities and projects make the Magna Carta come to life for your students. There are opportunities to analyze primary sources, connect the Magna Carta to American government, and create their own charter for student rights.
1. Common Core Standard Based Lesson Plans and Strategies.
2. Readings on English Legal Reforms.
3. Higher Order Guided Reading Questions.
4. A Magna Carta RAFT from King John's perspective.
5. Clauses from the Magna Carta (see resources page for citations at the end).
6. Critical Thinking Document Analysis Questions.
7. Compare/Contrast the Bill of Rights and the Magna Carta Activity.
8. School Charter Creation Project.
9. School Charter Rubric.
My students love these activities and I hope yours do too!
If you like these activities you will also like: