*****Runs off the Flash Player - Check to see if you have the updated Free Flash Player. Go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html to update your computer.
A great way to start the Middle Ages. A 12 question jeopardy type game. Keeps score and gives feedback for correct and incorrect answers. Very interactive.
Game also give feedback and explains why each answer is correct.
1. Under feudalism, a fief belonged to which category?
A. tax - B. land grant – C. weapon - D. religious title
2. Which of the following is a synonym for serf?
A. Peasant - B. Manor - C. Monk - D. Noble
3. In the feudal system, a tithe represented what part of a peasant's income?
A. 25 percent - B. 20 percent - C. 10 percent - D. 1 percent
4. Eleanor of Aquitaine was famous for :
A. writing the Song of Roland - B. weaving the Bayeux tapestry - C. fighting in the hundred years war - D. becoming queen of England
5. The leader who brought Christianity to the Franks was :
A. Clovis - B. Charlemagne - C. Charles Martel - D. Pepin the Short
6. A book of rules to be used for governing monasteries was written by:
A. Einhard - B. St. Benedict - C. St. Francis of Assi - D. Venerable Bede
7. In the feudal system, what was the manor?
A. a lord's estate - B. a right to use land - C. a customary way of doing things - D. an obligation to provide protection
8. Troubadours were:
A. foot soldiers - B. stage of knighthood after being a squire - C. knights in training - D. musicians – poets
9. What was a knight's counterpart in feudal Japan?
A. Samurai - B. Bushido - C. Daimyo - D. Shogun
10. All of the following could be said about tournaments held in the Middle Ages EXCEPT that they were:
A. used to test courage - B. free from actual bloodshed - C. a form of spectator sport - D. like a gladiator event
11. The Song of Roland is an epic poem about a battle between French Knights and
A. Muslim invaders - B. Viking invaders - C. Magyar invaders - D. Byzantine invaders
12. From what region or country did the Vikings come?
A. Russia - B. Byzantine Empire - C. Scandinavia - D. France