Silk Road: Shadow Puppets from Indonesia
explores the ancient art of Wayang Kulit as part of a study of the Silk Road. Wayang Kulit is a story-telling art form reflective of the music and ideals of Indonesian culture. Students read about and view examples of Wayang Kulit, which Marco Polo and others would have seen while traveling on the Silk Road. Through their own Wayang Kulit inspired creations, students are fully engaged in the exploration of Indonesian culture and the art of story-telling.
This detailed teacher's plan includes:
-Complete teacher’s guide for 90 minute lesson
-A complete materials list
-A list of resources on Marco Polo and the Silk Road
-Background information on Wayang Kulit for Students
-Sample of Student Work
Skills Developed in this lesson:
● Students will identify components of Wayang Kulit.
● Students will use map skills to find Indonesia.
● Students will apply their knowledge of Wayang Kulit by creating stories and plays in the spirit of Wayang Kulit.
as part of the World History Middle School Resource Bundle
Medieval Europe Resources Include:
- The Middle Ages Heraldry Station Activity
Silk Road: Student-centered unit project for Middle Ages or China Study
- The Middle Ages Interactive Notebook Pages
- The Middle Ages On the Silk Road Shadow Puppets from Indonesia Collaborative Activity
- On the Silk Road - a simulation in barter and Trade
- The Middle Ages Mapping Marco Polo's Journey on the Silk Road
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.