Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
These are the original resources I developed when teaching research to my 7th graders. Through this unit, they researched and wrote a paper on one of these topics: the physical geography, history, culture, or government of a country. I placed the students in groups of four to complete this research so that each group researched all these aspects of a single country. They also worked in their world geography class to create a presentation board which they presented on our school’s international day. Once the research and writing of the papers was finished, the students then worked as a group to create a PowerPoint presentation on their country which they presented to the class. The resources are built for my 3 levels of classes (high, medium, and low). The expectations and rubrics are written for both. The resources include:
• PowerPoint on Citing Sources in research and writing
• A Parent Letter explaining the assignment and giving the due dates with a sign and return slip at the bottom
• Research Folder coverpage to be printed and attached to each student’s research folder (which I provided for them)
• Research Paper Instructions and Layout for high, medium, and low level classes
• An Explanation of the Research Topics for each student to have to tape to their research folder
• A Rough Draft checklist for students to attach to their rough draft and complete before turning in the paper
• A Rough Draft Tips page with common errors listed, in hopes that students won’t make these errors in their papers
• Folder which includes my three-step process in writing and writing a final draft for an outline
• Rubrics for grading the papers (on different levels)
• Instructions for the group PowerPoint presentation which includes a 14-page planning guide for the students and the rubric for grading the presentation
• A student-critique page for each student to comment on his/her groupmates’ work
• A sign-up page so that groups may sign up for the day they’d like to present to the class
These resources will take all of the planning and organizing out of the paper and presentation assignments. You’ll just be left to implement and grade them using the handy rubrics and tools I’ve included here.