Also included in
- Includes SEVEN High School Speech Therapy Resources!This bundle provides LOTS of speech therapy activities for mixed groups and multiple communication goals at the high school level. This bundle addresses expressive language, receptive language, pragmatic language skills, and fluency skills for high$26.00$29.00Save $3.00
NO PREP 51 Self-Advocating Task Cards & Role-Play Scenarios. The 51 Self-Advocating Task Cards & Role Play Scenarios include the following categories:
- Self-Advocating in the School Setting
- Accommodations in the School Setting
- Academically in the School Setting
- Online Learning/Homework in the School Setting
- Socially in the School Setting
- Graduation in the School Setting
- Activities/Athletics in the School Setting
- Self-Advocating in the Workplace Setting
- Self-Advocating in the Real World
- (4 additional) BLANK Self-Advocating Task Cards & Role-Play Scenarios
What professionals would benefit from these products:
➡️ SLPs, Speech Therapists
➡️ Special Education Teachers
➡️ General Education Teachers
➡️ Other Service Providers (Social Worker, Mental Health)
➡️ Transition Program Teachers
➡️ Life Skills Teachers
➡️ Vocational Teachers
This product was designed for Middle and High School students. Product can be used with students during in-person, as well as, during distance learning, online learning, or teletherapy sessions.
Middle and High School students are learning to become more independent in their ability to self-advocate. Being able to appropriately and effectively advocate for yourself is a crucial communication skill for adolescents to develop.
Advocating for yourself allows you to get the help you need to be successful in the school setting, workplace setting, and to be more prepared for the real world. Communicating in a clear, organized fashion when advocating for yourself is equally important. The 51 Self-Advocating Task Cards & Role Play Scenarios found in this product provide a framework to effectively teach the skill of self-advocating in a clear, organized, and detailed manner.
This product contains guiding questions to facilitate understanding of self-advocating steps for students. These guiding questions allow students to process through all the information they will need to advocate for themselves and will provide a framework for pre-planning their advocating conversation.
Each self-advocating scenario is meant to be role-played after the student has answered the guiding questions.
Lastly, follow-up questions were created for each self-advocating scenario to further broaden the student's understanding of each advocating situation. These follow-up questions were created to be asked after the student has role-played the self-advocating scenario. These follow-up questions are meant to broaden and expand on the student's perspective and knowledge around the self-advocating situation they may face in real-life.