This group PBL project will keep your students engaged and accountable! There are many issues that face today's students - peer pressure, social media problems, bullying, conflict, etc. This project encourages your students to take a look at one of these issues, research it and provide a "survival guide" to help fellow students deal with the issue.
Your students will:
- work in small groups of 2-4 (however this could be done individually as well)
- Research a topic and collect data
- Find statistics and create text features to match
- Create a list of community and school resources
- Interview fellow students and collect feedback
- Create a list of key terms and their definitions
- Write an imaginary scenario and create dialogue that matches
- Create a final product that can be shared with others (student choice = pamphlet, informational booklet, poster, infographic, video, etc)
Includes: assignment details, scoring rubric, student checklist, research questions, search terms and helpful websites, student examples
Can be easily integrated into GOOGLE CLASSROOM and created using GOOGLE DOCS - there are several free informational booklets, pamphlet and poster templates that can be downloaded off the internet. Students can work on this at the same time by sharing a template with the member of their group through GOOGLE DOCS. You can monitor and provide feedback while they are working!