Middle School 101, 101 Tips for Teachers. This book is a compilation of teaching techniques that have worked for the author over the years. It can help new middle school teachers with techniques and ideas, or it can help veteran middle school teachers adopt, modify or reflect on their current practice. The book covers a wide range of topics, from how to start the semester and class management techniques, to delivery of instruction and how to prepare for parent conferences. The book also offer tips on topics outside the classroom and beyond a teacher’s job.
These tips represent a compilation of professional journal entries as Paul has engaged extensively in self-reflection. This book fulfills the need for educational resources for educators, based on his teaching experience, teaching methods, and collaboration with other teachers.
Middle School 101 will help you reflect and improve in the following areas:
- How to Start the Semester, so that you have a more successful school year.
- Delivery of Instruction, to help students learn in the best way possible.
- Classroom Procedures, offers tools to make your work more efficient.
- Classroom Management, which is fundamental for student learning.
- Parent Conferences, to help you get parents on your side to improve student performance.
- Outside the Classroom, to help you reduce teacher burnout.
- Beyond a Teacher's Job, to help your hard-earned money work more efficiently for you.
- And much more!