Also included in
- Everything you need to teach MS-LS1. These resources were designed from the ground up to align with the NGSS MS-LS1 standards. This is the entire NGSS MS-LS1 bundle at a great price. All 8 NGSS standards are covered comprehensively. MS-LS1-1 Living things are made up of cellsThis comprehensive Middl$42.75$47.50Save $4.75
Students love these engaging activities. Easy to follow and fun to use and teach with. You don't have to add anything. This comprehensive Middle School NGSS 5E lesson plan aligns perfectly with the NGSS Middle School MS-LS1-4 standard "Use argument based on empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support an explanation for how characteristic animal behaviors and specialized plant structures affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants respectively".
"The 5E's where amazing to follow. My kids got engaged with the lab stations, which led to notes, and then an activity. We finished the unit with a quiz. very helpful". LeanneD.
"My students enjoyed the videos and this activity was NO prep needed! We loved it".
Over 40 pages of student activities, questions and notes complete and compliment this engaging resource which comes already differentiated for your students.
Here's what's included in this packet:
- Engagement activity including I CAN (editable) objective statement
- Explore - science station lab (see below)
- Explain - editable powerpoint
- Elaborate -editable student choice board
- Evaluate - differentiated assessment
- Science stations signage
Watch It – This is a great video that is sure to engage your students.
Read It – at this station the students will read about the Corpse Flower. Be prepared for some of them to be grossed out.
Research It – here the students use a computer/browser and navigate to a reliable news source where they learn about new research on how plants use scent patterns to guide bees towards nectar.
Infer It [plant] – students read a sheet showing photos and descriptions of various plants. They must infer from the photos how the plant is adapted for successful reproduction.
Infer It [animal] – student read a sheet showing photos and descriptions of various animals. They must infer from the photos how the animal is adapted for successful reproduction.
Illustrate It – this station allows the students to use their imagination. They can either design a wind pollinated or animal pollinated plant. The students must justify their decisions.
NGSS and Next Generation Science Standards are a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.