Total Pages: 7
This Omega English product contains a 5 page Book Report/Review Form that focuses on various aspects of their book including:
• Character Analysis: Students identify the main characters in the novel, identify the character traits, and cite evidence from the text to support the character traits, and provide a solid analysis of how these characters exhibit these traits
• Conflict Analysis: Identify the conflicts that exits in the novel (external/internal), describe the conflict, and discuss how the conflict affects the characters
• Theme Analysis: Identify the themes in the novel , cite evidence and examples from the text, and discuss what the message the author is trying to convey
• Literary Elements, Techniques, and Devices Analysis: Identify the literary elements, techniques, and devices that are present in the novel, cite concrete evidence from the text, and provide a thorough analysis
• Plot Summary
• Identify the protagonist, antagonist, and genre
In addition, the package also contains a 2 page handout of sentence starters that can be used to prompt analysis. This is particularly helpful for struggling students and diverse learners.
Don’t forget to follow my store, Omega English
, for more great lessons, bundles, and free monthly downloads!
Keywords: Book report, book review, character analysis, character traits, conflict, theme, literary elements, literary techniques, literary elements, literary analysis, summary, plot summary, citing evidence, analyzing evidence, middle school