EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START YOUR YEAR OFF RIGHT! WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PREP ON YOUR PART, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY READY TO START THE YEAR (and also, you might want to slap your name on the door)!!!
OR...rescue your year if you've had a rough start.
This handbook was born out of many rough starts. If you're new to teaching or new to teaching middle school ELA, it can be difficult to troubleshoot all of the areas of learning that will concern your students. Let's face it. It is also difficult to troubleshoot all of the areas in which students are ready with excuses! This handbook has served me very well in setting students (and myself) up for success. It includes:
* Class Expectations
* ELA binder criteria sheet
* Rules for Written Work
* How to Survive Middle School (tips for students and parents)
* How to study for quizzes and tests
* Troubleshooter's Guide to Handing in Work
* The Secret to Following Directions
* What is a Study Buddy?
* Getting Ready in the Morning...For SUCCESS!
* Attitude is Everything!
* Criteria for Successful Group Work
* Lifeboats (the once-a-quarter savior)
Once you have gone over this handbook with your students (in depth), you can just review it prior to tests and refer to it when questions arise.
Please feel free to message me with questions!