It's Back to School Time - plan ahead a for a great school year!
Not sure you want to try interactive notebooks because of all the prep involved, but you like the way interactive notebooks get right to the heart of Common Core?
Here's your solution:
Interactive Notebooks that require no prep - just make a few copies!
Take a systematic approach to teaching an abstract concept, one day at a time. This unit helps you to scaffold the learning for all of your students, and build the critical thinking skills necessary for mastery.
These notebooks include:
* Instructions for putting the notebooks together
* Teacher's notes to explain exactly what you should be doing.
* Figurative Language notebook pages at three different levels to help you walk your students through this abstract thinking.
* Figurative Language with Quotes - have common ground to discuss specific examples of figurative language.
* Figurative Language with the Reading Text - move on to exploring the use of figurative language in the students' reading textbooks
* Figurative Language with Independent Reading - students find their own examples and continue to master the concepts.
CCSS Aligned for Reading/Writing/Speaking & Listening/Language for Grades 6-8. Download the preview for the full list of standards.
No prep required! Buy it today - use it today!
**How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:**
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
**Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:**
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.