You Need: a partner, a die, a pencil, and a recording sheet (PDF)
1. Group students two per group or set up in math center.
2. Partners take turns rolling the die to generate numbers.
3. Each player writes the number from his or her roll in the spaces on the game board. Once written, the numbers cannot be moved.
4. The reject box allows a player not to use one of the rolled numbers in the game.
5. The goal of the game is to make a fraction larger than your partner’s fraction.
Play at least three times. For each game, justify who the winner is using pictures, words, and/or numbers
This game is so much fun! Your students will ask if there is time at the end of class periods to play. I kept this handy and used it when we had an extra 10 min. left till the bell rang! Students will enjoy this all year long!