Middle School Library Bundle - Back to School - Essentials Bundle
- Various file types
- Google Apps™
Products in this Bundle (33)
showing 1-5 of 33 products
Organize your library with this Back to School Middle School Library Bundle! This bundle is perfect for new and new-ish middle school librarians. It includes your first eight library lessons, Dewey Decimal System shelf labeling, library genrefication resources, a library handbook, and much more! It's editable, too!
There so much in this bundle--over 1100 pages! --it includes a lot more detail than the thumbnails!
- Recommended for: Grades 6-8
- Lesson Duration: Your first 8 library lessons are covered!
- Formats: Google PowerPoint (you only need one); PDF
- Editable: YES, nearly all text is editable
This bundle is similar to my . The following resources are included in the Grade 3-8 bundle, but in this Middle School Library Bundle:
- "Design a Zoo" Dewey Decimal Activity
- Birthday Book Club Starter Kit
- Elementary Library Handbook (this one does include the secondary version)
- Elementary Genre Personality Quiz (this does include the secondary version)
- Themes include major US and international holidays, obscure holidays, monthly celebrations, this day in history, cover colors, and book genres.
- Every theme also includes editable read-alike bookmarks in four reading & interest levels.
- There are currently 195 posters and over 430 individual bookmarks in the set.
- Each set is updated with new recommended book titles annually in the month before that set. For example: August posters are updated by the first week of July each year.
- I also sometimes add new posters to the sets, but this is not guaranteed with every update.
- Students can select from 3 kinds of challenges: A to Z, 40-Book Challenge, or Personalized "Sticker Chart" Reading Challenges.
- Includes 3 kinds of posters and 4 pages of reading tracking sheets
- includes reading passport, flag labels for book spines, bookmarks, curated list of international picture books
- 2 sets of 6 editable Bingo cards for middle school
- one set is in color and one set is blackline
- fully-editable in PPT, PDF, and Google Slides
(196 PDF pages + 20 slides)
- 30 "Hundreds" section labels
- 120 specific Dewey number labels
- all labels include simple illustration
- color and black line available
- horizontal and vertical formats available
- Editable and also includes editable templates
- Includes 31 genres
- Every genre has 6 labels--4 are wide labels and 2 are skinny "shelf lip" labels. Both come in color for printing on white cardstock and BW for printing on colored cardstock
- Print 4 shelf labels per page
- Also includes smaller labels for the library "shelf lip" (see preview for photo)
- All images and genres are compatible with my Genre Spine Labels set listed below.
(49 pages total)
- Back to School Night PowerPoint for librarians--scroll important library information on Back to School Night.
- Handy-Dandy Guide to the Library--Give this to your teachers and administrators to promote the library and generally look like the rock star librarian you are!
- Library Resources Brochure for students, parents, and teachers. Add your school's database descriptions, URLs, and site-wide logins. Keep tri-folded copies on the circulation desk to promote database usage and help minimize all those "what's the login to...?" phone calls and emails.
- use for library newsletters or for countertop communications
- 15 colorful infographics
- all text is editable and movable (except headlines)
- Raise money to buy new library books
- Introductory presentation for students (9 slides, fully-editable)
- Book-A-Thon Pledge sheets (2 pages, mostly editable)
- Reading Trackers (2 pages, mostly editable)
- 3 pages of directions, tips, and ideas
- Four digital bulletin boards, each with 23-24 slides.
- Text is editable. Headers and images are not editable.
- Also includes Google Slides version
- Lesson 1----Your first library lesson is a fun, interactive way to help your students find important items in the library. (16 pages)
- Lessons 2-3----This 4-page survey and presentation will help you get to know your students' reading preferences. Includes Google Slides version. (4 pages + 13 slides)
- Lesson 4--"--A fun way to refresh student knowledge on library genres and possibly introduce them to some new genres. (12 pages)
- Lesson 5----This PowerPoint story will help your students learn and remember the Dewey categories. (24 pages)
- Lesson 6----Students roll the dice and use Dewey categories to survive the zombie apocalypse. This game includes 25 scenarios and can be used in multiple lessons. (39 pages)
- Lessons 7-8----This is my most popular product! You can use your students' genre personalities all year long when purchasing, booktalking, and recommending books. Have your teachers take the quiz, too! (114 pages)
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.