These life science (biology) crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for middle school students.The topics highlighted include the skeletal, muscular, integumentary, reproductive, digestive, endocrine, immune, excretory, and nervous systems. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to excelling in science. This pack consists of seven crossword puzzles plus an answer key!
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Introduction to the Human Body (connective tissue, endocrine system, muscle, excretory system, absorption, joint, cytoplasm, hormones, nervous system, nutrients, integumentary system, organ, glands, cell, tissue, epithelial tissue, circulatory system, reproductive system, cell membrane, stimulus, skeleton, respiratory sytem, homeostasis, digestive system
2) Skeletal, Muscular, and Integumentary Systems (cartilage, voluntary muscles, melanin, involuntary muscles, bone marrow, temperature, follicles, tendon, smooth muscle, pores, spongy bone, skeleton, dermatologist, osteoporosis, vertebrae, ligaments, striated muscle, cardiac muscle, epidermis)
3) Digestive and Excretory Systems (vitamins, small intestine, urethra, stomach, calorie, kidneys, bladder, urine, peristalsis, villi, urea, esophagus, gallbladder, minerals, large intestine, liver, carbohydrates, excretion, proteins, ureters, water, fats)
4) Circulatory and Respiratory Systems (aorta, trachea, pharynx, diaphragm, atrium, heart, valve, plasma, cilia, alveoli, ventricle, white blood cells, capillaries, lungs, platelets, red blood cells, circulatory, hemoglobin, arteries, larynx, veins)
5) Nervous and Endocrine Systems (synapse, cerebrum, neurons, central nervous system, brain stem, target cell, ducts, hypothalamus, cerebellum, pituitary gland, pancreas, parathyroid gland, brain, reflex, gland, adrenal gland, testes, nerve impulses, ovaries, thymus, thyroid)
6) The Reproductive Systems (ovulation, umbilical cord, placenta, amniotic sac, menstrual cycle, uterus, fetus, estrogen, ovaries, egg, testosterone, fertilization, vagina, fallopian tubes, penis, sperm, semen, zygote, scrotum, embryo, testes)
7) The Immune System and Disease (antibodies, diabetes, asthma, skin, histamine, immunization, antibiotic resistance, insulin, carcinogens, noninfectious disease, inflammatory response, vaccine, antibiotics, immunity, active immunity, HIV, allergy, phagocyte, antigens, tumors, lymphocytes, pathogens)
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? This product is part of a MEGA BUNDLE made of 64 crossword puzzles for middle school students. This amazing deal includes puzzles related to life science, physical science, and earth science! Middle School Crossword Puzzle MEGA BUNDLE!
JUST TEACH LIFE SCIENCE?
This product is also part of a larger bundle that contains 21 middle school life science crossword puzzles!
An Entire Year of Middle School Life Science Crossword PuzzlesMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 1: Cells and MetabolismMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 2: Genetics and EvolutionMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 3: BiodiversityMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 4: Human AnatomyMiddle School Life Science Volume 5: Ecology
You may also be interested in my Experimental Design Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!