Fun and low prep for a math station that you could re use through the school year. You will need two different colored cardstock colors, I used yellow and blue to copy the question cards on. Next you will need to copy the answer key for each of the teams, can be copied on white copy paper. Then copy the game board, I copied mine on card stock, you could copy on white copy paper and use sheet protector to keep it neat all school year. I used this in small group and as a station with white boards, my 8th grade students had fun and got very competitive. You will be pleased with this game.
Run off one set of cards in one color and the other set in another color (let’s say blue and yellow) Cut them apart
Run off one set of blue and yellow answer cards for each group and paste them on index cards.
One race track.
This race game is meant for two groups of two
• One of set of cards of each color.
• One set of answers for each color
• One recording worksheet for each person.
• One Race Track
• Two Dice
• Two Game pieces
• Arrange the blue cards face down in front of the blue team and the yellow cards face down in front of the yellow team.
• The Blue team will hold the yellow answers and the yellow team will hold the blue answers.
• Roll to see who goes first
• The first team turns over the first card – records it on their worksheet and agrees on the answer
• They will ask the other team if they are correct – If they are correct they will role both dice and move their piece forward that many spaces. If they are incorrect they can try again, if they are correct the second time they will roll one die and move that many spaces forward. If they miss it both times they loose their turn.
• Then the other team turns over a card and so on.