Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
This bundle consists of all the Three in a Row and Tic-Tac-Toe games designed for Middle School Math. In this self checking resource, students practice a variety of skills (listed below) in one of two familiar games. This game is great for independent practice and this activity is also great for stations. Students can choose to takes turns attempting to connect three in the "Connect Four" inspired game, or get three in a row on the tic-tac-toe board. In both games, students set up the board, solve the problems on the student work space provided or a whiteboard and turn the chip over to reveal the correct answer.
All resources have extra problems for great re-play value.
Combining Like Terms (Electronic Version Included Also)
How to play:
1. First, after the game has been set up and chips have been distributed, the first player chooses which question he/she will answer. The player solves on a white-board or on scratch paper. (Both students should solve for additional practice.)
2. Next, the student checks the answer by turning over the question. If his answer is correct, the question chip is replaced with his player chip. If incorrect, the question chip remains or is replaced by another question chip that is not currently on the board.
3. Following his turn, the other student takes his turn. Game-play continues until one of the players obtains three in a row or until the board is full.
4. Finally, to replay, all used question cards should be replaced with new question cards if possible. If not possible, question cards should be shuffled on the board.
*Challenge possibility: Have the students place the cards answer-side up and attempt to create a problem that results in the given answer.
(Self checking will no longer work.)
Below is a list of what is included in each set:
- Set-up information
- Tic-Tac-Toe Board
- Three in a Row Board
- Twelve of each player chip (X and O)
- Thirty-six or more questions
- Three in a Row and Tic-Tac-Toe student work space
*All Pages for printing are available in color or black and white.
Additional Products with similar content
More Fun Math Games to Try