Also included in
- This Middle School music bundle is designed to promote emotional intelligence. This lesson plan is meant to be used in music classrooms. In this activity middle school music students will first identify the four types of emotional IQ, understand what happens with a healthy emotional intelligence and$22.00$33.00Save $11.00
- All resources for the middle school and high school music classroom with a focus in music therapy in one bundle! This bundle saves you $7.40.There are a total of 10 products that work through: body imageice breakersself careemotions and empathyjournalingmindful playlistsbody mappingself assessmentDe$29.60$37.00Save $7.40
Are you looking for a way to use music and emotions to connect to your middle school students?
Middle school students can be the hardest but also the most rewarding age group to work with if we can find ways to connect with them individually. This 10-week unit on music and emotions will allow you to discover ways to attune to your students while giving students a solid tool box that explores music, their personal emotions and empathy.
**While originally written for Middle School, this keynote unit has proven effective through high school for students still learning how to process their emotions. It is appropriate for grades 6 through 12.**
Musical emotions grew out of an early 1980s scientific study on discovering how each emotional component of our primary feelings can connect to music.
In this 10-week unit students are led through ice breakers and lessons that are each designed to use music to help them discover empathy and compassion (and a host of other emotions) through rhythm, improvisation, drumming, body percussion, guitar or ukulele or keyboarding (whatever you have is fine) and charting.
Here is what is included in your download:
- 59 pages total
- 10 lesson plans that are formatted to use several times supplementing different songs
- Reflection questions for the teacher
- Reflection questions for the students
- 18 Journal Prompts
- 6 Back Track Mp3
- List of free recordings that promote relaxation
- 6 Formatted slides of whole class task cards (can also be printed)
- 7 Slides to project or print for pairing instruments with specific emotions
- Designed Journal Paper