These chemistry (physical science) crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for middle school students.The topics highlighted include matter, states of matter, the periodic table, metals and nonmetals, radioactivity, chemical bonds, reactions, solutions, and acids and bases. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to excelling in science. This pack consists of eight crossword puzzles plus an answer key!
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Introduction to Matter (molecule, element, exothermic, weight, temperature, formula, mass, matter, chemical, homogeneous mixture, density, heterogeneous mixture, bond, law of conservation of matter, chemistry, physical change, volume, thermal energy)
2) States of Matter (boiling point, directly proportional, condensation, temperature, volume, amorphous solid, Boyle's law, fluids, pressure, crystals, surface tension, Charles's law, melting point, shape, liquid, gas, solid)
3) Elements and the Periodic Table (groups, atom, atomic number, symbol, element, iron, nitrogen, nucleus, silicon, Mendeleev, nonreactive, molecule, periods, protons, periodic table, electrons, neutrons, atomic mass, sodium, isotopes)
4) Metals, Nonmetals, and Metalloids (alkaline earth metals, malleable, halogens, metals, lanthanides, nonmetals, noble gas, transition metals, metalloids, reactivity, hydrogen, semiconductors, alkali metals, ductile, luster, corrosion, diatomic, thermal energy)
5) Radioactivity (half-life, gamma radiation, beta particle, alpha particle, nuclear fusion, Marie Curie, radioactive dating, decay, uranium, nuclear, radioactive, nuclear fission, calculating protons and neutrons
6) Chemical Bonds (double bond, crystal, metallic bond, sodium chloride, formula, polar covalent bond, nonpolar covalent bond, molecule, polyatomic ion, covalent bond, ionic bond, valence electrons, subscripts, alloy, determining valence)
7) Chemical Reactions (equation, exothermic, coefficient, replacement reaction, physical change, products, enzymes, synthesis, law of conservation of mass, decomposition, endothermic, closed system, open system, activation energy, precipitate, concentration, inhibitor, catalyst, reactants, chemical)
8) Solutions, Acids, and Bases (dilute, neutralization, hydrogen ions, bases, acids, salt, suspension, solvent, solution, corrosive, colloid, indicator, hydroxide ions, solute, saturated solution)
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? This product is part of a MEGA BUNDLE made of 64 crossword puzzles for middle school students. This amazing deal includes puzzles related to life science, physical science, and earth science! Middle School Crossword Puzzle MEGA BUNDLE!
JUST TEACH PHYSICAL SCIENCE? This product is part of a larger bundle containing 20 middle school physical science crossword puzzles!
An Entire Year of Middle School Physical Science Crosswords
This bundle consists of four smaller volumes:
Middle School Physical Science Crosswords Volume 1-ChemistryMiddle School Physical Science Crosswords Volume 2-Motion and ForcesMiddle School Physical Science Crosswords Volume 3-Energy, Electricity, and MagnetismMiddle School Physical Science Crosswords Volume 4-Waves, Sound, and Light
You may also be interested in An Entire Year of Middle School Life Science (Biology) Crossword Puzzles
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!