This middle school reading and poetry reading response graphic organizers resources uses middle grade and young adult verse novels to teach students poetry, poetry terms, and poetry analysis in a way that pushes them to read and write about verse novels during independent reading and verse novel book clubs and literature circles.
These graphic organizers were created based on the reading responses my students and I did during our: Middle School Poetry Unit Verse Novel Book Clubs Reading Unit.
Download the preview to see all that is included.
- Each graphic organizers has a poetry/verse novel version and literature response.
- Each graphic organizer also has two reading response examples for teachers to display.
- Lastly there is a response slide with the prompt and reading response notebook example for teacher to display while students are reading, writing, and working.
This resource includes 25 different literature and graphic organizers:
- Graphic Organizer One: Poetry/Verse & Novel Structure Analysis
- Graphic OrganizerTwo: Poetry/Verse & Novel Themes Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Three: Poetry/Verse & Novel Mood and Tone Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Four: Poetry/Verse & Novel Figurative Language Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Five: Poetry/Verse & Novel Plot Impact Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Six: Poetry/Verse & Novel Author’s Purpose Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Seven: Poetry/Verse & Novel Point of View Impact Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Eight: Poetry/Verse & Novel Comparing Structure Impact Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Nine: Poetry/Verse & Novel Comparing Mood and Tone Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Ten: Poetry/Verse & Novel Plot/Author's Purpose Impact Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Eleven: Poetry/Verse & Novel Figurative Language Impact Analysis
- Graphic Organizer Twelve: Poetry/Verse Novel Writing Mentor Text Inspired Poems