Real World Math Project, Middle School, End of Year Project.
Are you looking for a math project that will engage your students?
This unit of work has been designed to allow middle school students to use their math skills in real world setting. Over a series of lessons students learn to budget and understand living costs.
The students can work in either pairs or individually to:
- Research a job they might like to have when they are older.
- Use Internet sites and/ or newspapers to find accommodation near their workplace.
- Research different modes of transportation and pick the one best suited to their needs (taking into consideration time, location and cost)
- Prepare a weekly meal plan and budget for shopping.
- Find out the bills that they will need to pay.
- Budget and plan for any ‘extras’ or entertainment they wish to experience.
- Have a glimpse of the costs associated with parenthood.
- Prepare a monthly/ yearly budget.
The resource includes
* A print and go booklet covering all of the topics mentioned above.
* Teacher information
~~ Now also includes a Pet page ~~
Looking for more Math projects? Try these:
Middle School Student Run Business Project
Fun Day - Business and Economics Skills/ Financial Literacy
If you like this resource, you may find my other research projects useful as well. Please have a look at these:
MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECTS
~~~~~~ Receive TPT credits to use on future purchases ~~~~~~
Go to your My Purchases page. Next to each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can leave a quick rating and a short comment about the product. Each time you provide feedback, you’ll earn TPT credits that can be used for future purchases to save you money! Plus, the feedback you provide helps me make my products better suit your needs!
~~ How to Follow My Store to receive updates and special deals ~~
Click the green star beside my name at the top of this page OR at the top of my store page. Following me notifies you when I post a new item and you will receive emails when products are on sale.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.