This bundle includes 36 hands-on Middle School STEM Activities for kinds in 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade. That's one engaging STEM Challenge for each week of the school year! These STEM labs will challenge your students to design, construct, and revise their projects as they collaborate in groups with other students. Teamwork is an important real-world skill that will benefit students far beyond the classroom.
Each Activity includes:
• Teacher Instructions
• Video Demo for the Teacher
• Materials List
• Student instructions (worksheet)
• Real-World Research Question, Video, or Activity
• Advanced Level Extensions
• Grading Rubrics
• Aligned NGSS standards
The printable materials are editable directly in the pdf file.
>>>Download the preview file to try one of these activities for free!<<<
In the teacher demonstration videos, I give you an overview of each STEM activity challenge, talk about the materials involved and where to get them, demonstrate how to set up the challenge for the students, and discuss the science or STEM concept involved. Teachers have found these videos to be very helpful by giving them step-by-step instructions for running the activity and confidence in teaching the concepts behind it.
For a list of materials, please ! The bonus file is a complete pdf book of all 36 activities with a hyperlinked table of contents. You will also find the in this file.
>>> This product is very similar to the 3-5th grade version— The 6-8th grade version contains the same activities and worksheets as the 3-5th grade version, but also has advanced extension activities and worksheets that the 3-5th grade version does not have. These extensions add another layer of challenge to the original activities. Please don’t buy both versions! Feel free to email me, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks!
This is a great resource for
• Middle school STEM Classrooms
• Science Classes
• After-School STEM Clubs
• Homeschool Groups
• Scout Meetings
• STEM Summer Camps
• Parents who love hands-on learning at home
This S.T.E.M. resource is an EDITABLE PDF file!! You can make changes to the text in Adobe Acrobat Reader! You can customize the text in the Worksheets, Grading Rubrics, Materials Lists, and Teacher Instructions to suit your class!
Download the preview file for a FREE Activity Challenge, to see the Table of Contents and find out more information! You might need to download and open it in a pdf reader in order to access all of the features.
***Distance Learning Directions (Suggestions):
1. Send students the pdf file, directing which activity to complete.
2. Students (and caretakers, if possible) watch the teacher (link in the pdf file). This will give them detailed instructions for the activity and explain the science/stem concept.
3. Students view the and record answers/sketch on a blank piece of paper (or print the worksheet if possible). Students take a picture of their paper and send it to you for credit.
4. Students send you a of themselves demonstrating the activity. Optional: students give an explanation of what they did, how they made adjustments to improve their outcome and talk about the science/STEM concept(s).
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for considering this resource! :-)
********* CUSTOMER TIPS **********
First, do you know that you can get TPT credit to use on future purchases by providing feedback? IT'S EASY!! After you log in, go to your “My Purchases” page. Next to each purchase you'll see a “provide feedback” button. Click that button, give a quick rating, and leave a short comment. Doing this will provide you with credits that you can use on future purchases!!!
Second, follow me to be the first to know about sales, new products, and freebies!
To follow my store, look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. It's that easy!
Third, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns.
I love science and I love helping teachers bring more “hands-on” science into their classrooms. I can be reached at email@example.com and am usually very quick to respond.