Middle School Spanish Música miércoles music slides for bell ringers
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you tired of scrambling to find culture-filled authentic and appropriate Spanish music for Middle School Spanish class? Here are enough appropriate music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class for a year of "Música miércoles" & "baile viernes." This Middle School Music Bundle includePrice $14.99Original Price $16.49Save $1.50
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $196.79Save $51.80
Do you struggle to find music in Spanish appropriate for middle school Spanish? These Spanish culture songs can be adapted for all levels including Middle School Exploratory Spanish, Spanish 1, and Spanish 2 as a classroom management routine. "Música miércoles" is many students' favorite day of the week!
What is included in middle school Música miércoles ?
- ✅ Editable Google slide show with 25 slides of music for younger students
- ✅ Each slide includes the title, artist, link to the video, 1-2 short questions in Spanish, and video.
- ✅ All editable to be able to differentiate to every level of students you teach
- ✅ A positive way to start class & build classroom community
- ✅ A weekly bell ringer for Wednesday
- ✅ A way to connect with students through pop culture & music
- ✅ An editable slideshow to be projected (does not include any printable for students)
- ✅ Designed to fill a year of weekly music on Wednesday if you pause to do the following music activities: HHM (Sep15-Oct15), Afro-latino (Feb) & Mania musical (March).
Please note that you must have access to the Internet, as well as Youtube to use this product.
WHAT IS MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
⭐️ Música miércoles (music Wednesday) is starting class by watching a music video (or lyrics video for those with inappropriate videos) of a current or classic song in Spanish and then answering questions or talking about it in Spanish.
WHY DO MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
⭐️ In my first year of teaching, one of my biggest successes was música miércoles. Because of this tradition, many students’ favorite day of the week became Wednesday. Week after week students would enter saying “Yeah, we get to listen to music today!” “Whooo, música miércoles!” I think this is because many students enjoy listening to music, and think they get to “waste” class time doing so. What they do not realize is this “waste” has the following benefits to them.
BENEFITS OF MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES
- Listening to the Spanish language through song
- Exposing them to new genres and artists of Spanish speaking music
- Learning the geography of where the artists are from
- Hearing different accents and slang from various parts of the world
- Getting catchy music stuck in their head
- Cultivating an interest in new music, enough to start their own Spanish Pandora station at home
- Bringing up cultural similarities and differences
- Making learning Spanish fun
- Having students excited to come to Spanish class
WHAT ARE OTHER TEACHERS SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE?
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It's a great resource. My 7th grade classes and I look forward to music Wednesdays! Thank you. - Rachel S
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I love that this is clean and friendly for younger grades. Thanks for making this! - Lauralee W
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I teach high school Spanish at a private Christian school. This has been a great resource for me as I select my weekly Música miércoles songs. Gracias! - Lindsey M
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I always wanted to do this but never had the time. Thank you for sharing! - Caren V
**Please note that this is a mix of the most appropriate songs from other products. Many songs have been taken from other Para Empezar Novice, música miércoles products. As always, please preview these videos in advance to make sure they fit your school culture.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
⭐️ Get the Middle School Bundle for a year for enough música miércoles and baile viernes for a year!
Want a Middle School Spanish Music Bracket?
⭐️ NEW Middle School Spanish Mania Musical 2023
You might also like these young Spanish resources
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF download & there is a link to the Google Slides on the instructions page
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. - Música miércoles .
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.